Get to know us better
1.Pray for God’s wisdom and direction (James 1:5).
2.Read SCOPE eNewsletter for monthly encouragement and news.
3.Join Home School Legal Defense Association. Optional but advisable. SCOPE subscribers receive discount when using the code that you can get by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If removing a child from the public school system, contact HSLDA first for best method.
4.Choose type of school status. (Private school affidavit, satellite-correspondence affiliate or Private Satellite Study Program – PSP. See Family Protection Ministry for advice.)
5.Attend SCOPE-sponsored “Introduction to Home Education” workshop. Call (916) 668-0401 for details.
6.Develop goals, curriculum and begin planning courses of study.
7.Follow through with appropriate record keeping.
8.Establish friendships for encouragement and support by joining a SCOPE Chat Group.
Attend a “Introduction to Home Education” Workshop
- These informational meetings are open to the public. Information is provided on the legalities, and realities of homeschooling. Email email@example.com for the time and location of the next meeting.
- It includes inspiring articles and regular columns, as well as activities and opportunities for students.
- Regional small groups designed to:
- Provide ongoing support and encouragement for parents in small group settings
- Sponsor and organize activities, group learning classes, parties for the children and field trips
- Learn more about Chat Groups here!
- Project Fair
- Talent Showcase
- Annual Family Picnic
- Used Book Sale
- Spelling Bee &Geography Bee
- Educational Workshops and more.
*Members enjoy discounts or free admission to these events*
Resource materials available for check out. Materials include curricula, audio CD’s, videos/DVD, parenting books, quality fiction and inspirational reading
Home School Legal Defense Association membership discount
HSLDA provides legal counsel for homeschooling families. If a government official challenges your right to home school, HSLDA is there as your advocate, fully representing you at every state of your legal proceedings. SCOPE members receive a group discount.
Student LIFE for Teens
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12 (NKJV)
A variety of fellowship, educational, and community service opportunities for home educated students ages 13-18 years. Teen parent support meetings cover a variety of topics regarding the high school years.